Name: Patrick John Dobson
Mobile: (07833) 184038
Marital Status: Married
- Bsc technology (Open University)
- HNC Multimedia Information Technology (University of Gloucestershire)
Highly skilled and qualified web developer with ten years experience in design and development working with customers both large and small. A portfolio of my websites can be found in the portfolio section of this site.
- SASS / SCSS
- jQuery validator
- Cross browser compliance
- Customer Facing Skills
- Responsive / mobile
- Progressive enhancement
- Graceful degradation
Strong awareness of:
- Accessibility (DDA etc.)
- Relational Database Design
- Bootstrap (2/3)
MyVouchercodes / GoCompareContract - July 2019 - January 2019 - Front end Developer
Contracting with MyVouchercodes / GoCompare in London as a front-end developer.
- PHP Storm
- Responsive development
- Agile / JIRA
PrudentialContract - November 2013 - June 2018 - Front end Developer
Contracting with Prudential in Reading as a front end developer.
Prudential are a very well established provider of pensions and financial products.
- Bootstrap 2/3
- jQuery validator
- Responsive development
Line communicationsContract - August 2013 - November 2013 - Lead front end Developer
Contracting with Line Communications in London as a front end web developer.
Line communications are a leading provider of e-learning based in Paddington in London.
The contract consisted of using their existing responsive e-learning frameworks and creating a 'new style' of e-learning using modern HTML & CSS techniques such as parallax scrolling and CSS transitions. As part of the contract I worked on projects for British Airways and Roche. All work was cross browser compatible and tested in IE8, IE9, IE10, Firefox, Chrome, Safari & iPad.
Wex photographicContract - May 2013 - July 2013 - Lead front end Developer
Contracting with Wex Photographic in London as a lead front end web developer.
The contract consisted of an entire rebuild of the existing website before handover to a third party development company for integration into an EpiServer CMS.
Institute of chartered accountants England & WalesContract - January 2013 - April 2013 - UI Developer
Contracting with the Institute of chartered accountants in Milton Keynes as a front end/UI web developer.
- CSS2 / CSS3
DysonContract - October 2012 - December 2012 - Front End Developer
Contracting with Dyson in Malmesbury as a front end web developer.
Dyson have 94+ multi-territory sites both promoting and selling their products around the world. Dyson web development operate with an AGILE/SCRUM environment. The contract consisted of working with backend developers, creative staff and project managers to create and maintain all aspects of the websites. Dyson have their own bespoke CMS which was used to serve regional variations to the websites (such as translated content). All projects were created and checked for operation in the following browsers: FireFox (Windows & Mac), Chrome, Safari (Windows & Mac), IE9, IE8, IE7, IE6. All projects were validated against WAI AA, XHTML(strict) & CSS2. Source integrity was controlled with Microsoft Source Safe. As part of this contract I was also working with ASP (classic) and XSLT.
npowerContract - June 2012 - October 2012 - Front End Developer
Contracting with npower in Worcester as a senior front end web developer.
npower are a national energy supplier who supply electricity and gas as well as home cover. Their websites cover residential properties as well as small, medium and large business customers.
Their websites are written with a combination of ASP.NET and 'plain' HTML pages via the Oracle content server CMS.
All work was cross browser compatible ( FireFox, Chrome, Safari, IE9-8-7). During my time efforts where being made to make the sites mobile friendly using 'responsive' design and media queries.
- HTML 4/5
- CSS 2/3
- Site studio designer
DysonContract - June 2011 - June 2012 - Front End Developer
See above for Dyson descriptionView some of my Dyson work
Verse oneContract - March - June 2011 - Front End Developer
Contracting with Verse One in Woking as a front end web developer.
Verse One create easy to use and highly accessible Content Management Systems for a wide range of clients. The contract entailed updating older installations of the CMS to the latest version as well as implementing brand new installations. Upgrades consisted of creating pixel-perfect copies of old sites using a new code base. New implementations required working from a Photoshop file. Once finished, all implementations were tested and amended for FireFox, Chrome, IE9, IE8, IE7 & IE6 (graceful degradation).
- SQL & MySQL
- Coldfusion 8
Freelance - 2006 2010
In my role as a freelance web developer, I have been involved in the entire project lifecycle from initial discussions with customers, requirement gathering, planning and design & development of entire websites and provision and ongoing maintenance of hosting & email. A portfolio of my websites can be found in the portfolio section of this site.
I have a great talent for being able to de-mystify the issues concerning technical concepts when discussing a customers needs.
Developer Serco Home Affairs 2002 - 2006
In my role as senior developer, and part of the web development team, I designed, built and implemented web-based solutions for several police forces as well as national law enforcement and Government agencies. I worked as a member of a multi-disciplinary project team.
- I designed and developed a Public facing website for a national specialist law enforcement agency, entirely in Flash.
- Implemented an extranet for a national specialist law enforcement agency, written in Coldfusion with Flash and 3D components.
- Designed and developed a Flash based computer based training package for a national law enforcement agency.
- Implemented a third party content management system (NQContent) for both a law enforcement agency and a government department.
- Designed marketing materials for a government agency.
- Consultation with customers for design matters, problem solving, training and development of project specifications.
- Worked as part of a large team creating an internal system for a major law enforcement agency. In this role, I was part of a smaller team redesigning the front end of the system and re coding for accessibility. The entire project was secured using MKS source integrity software.
Previous Work Experience Serco 1996 2002 & Pre 1996
- FPGA design for Serco Home Affairs.
- Electronic prototyping for Serco Home Affairs & OSPL
- Fast track to Coldfusion MX (Macromedia)
- Fast track to Dreamweaver MX (Macromedia)
- Macromedia Flash MX Actionscript (Macromedia)
- Internal TickIT auditing
- ISO 9001 internal auditing
- Valuing Diversity Training
- Professional Trainer Certification
Freelance Work Samples
HTML5, CSS, Photoshop
HTML5, CSS, Photoshop