I started my working career with a full engineering apprenticeship based in mechanical and electrical engineering with Simon Barron. I then progressed into panel wiring and electronic assembly/prototyping.
I trained as an FPGA design engineer with Serco. And continued to develop my skills with Open University courses in:
- Foundation technology
- Analogue & Digital Electronics
- Logic Design
In early 2000 I then moved into Web development and started working with HTML, Photoshop, Flash & Dreamweaver
I developed these skills through on the job learning and through University courses:
- Relational Database Design (Open University)
- Multimedia Design (Gloucestershire University)
- Flash (Gloucestershire University)
- PHP(Gloucestershire University)
- IT Law (Gloucestershire University)
Through my studies I gained a HNC in Multimedia Information Technology from Gloucestershire University and a Bsc from the Open University.
Since 2006 I have worked as a freelance web developer where I have been involved in the entire lifecycle development of websites using various combinations of my skill set.